Sunday 2 April 2017

2017 April Journal Challenge - 1. Best Prank You've Ever Done

A long time ago when I was about... 13? ... my siblings and I had to wait for the school bus each morning and it was very very boring. What's a big sister for if not to relieve the boredom?

There was a telephone pole near where we had to wait and the guideline that held it steady had one of those yellow plastic safety sheaths on it so you didn't walk face first into high tensile steel cable... and I managed to convince my brother it was a live hydro(electricity) wire.

I started by warning him away from it and when he was standing next to me I pointed out that some houses had the power sent to them underground and he didn't see any overhead wires going to the house behind us did he? That meant that their wires were underground and they put the yellow plastic on to warn you to stay away.

He was skeptical at first and just as I saw his face shift into accepting the possibility I gave him a hard shove toward the wire. 👿

No comments:

Post a Comment